MYSTICAL DANCE TEACHER TRAINING
HOUSING OPTIONS AT AGAMA THAILAND
For a direct link to the information on the host website, please click here.
Accommodation on Koh Phangan may cost you less than food, depending on your needs and tastes for luxury (or simplicity). An older beach bungalow with attached bath will run 3,500-5,000 Baht per month. Nicer (hot water, tiled floors, kitchen, air conditioning, new) bungalows, or even houses, will go up from there, from 5,000 to 10,000, 15,000, or more Thai Baht per month. Please refer to www.xe.com for current exchange rates.
The Mystical Dance Teacher Training will take place primarily at the Agama BOVY campus located in Had Chao Phao. Clearly, the most convenient accommodation is to book a bungalow or "house" at Bovy Beach Resort, located directly on a scenic, quiet sunset beach, where the Mystical Dance hall is nestled. http://www.bovy-beach-house-phangan.com/ Other options and advice is listed below.
A word about seasons: Peak season rates are highest of all, and are in effect in December and perhaps the first half of January. High season remains in place then through April. At that time low season prices take effect through summer and monsoon seasons. Generally, to negotiate prices, it is best to ask the daily rate first, and from there for discounts applicable to a one-month stay, and then if you wish, a three-month stay. If you ask for a monthly rate from the start, you may pay a higher rate.
There are many places to chose from, but you may need to rent a motor scooter or a push bicycle if you find yourself in a bungalow too far to comfortably walk. Some of the places recommended below may be approximately 1.5 kms from the Bovy Green Hall where we will have our daily sessions. See the Bovy section for closer housing.
ACCOMMODATION CLOSE TO AGAMA'S ANANDA CAMPUS
South of Ananda
1. 150 m south at Hin Kong: No name - houses. Contact Kung Nan at +66 (0)87 387 5570. No email. Price per month 6,000 Baht. 3 bungalows with kitchen and bathroom (no hot water) each). No reservations accepted; call for availability.
2. 300 m south at Hin Kong: No name - houses. Contact Nyne at +66 (0)87 925 1879. No email. Price per month 6,000-8,000 Baht. Near "Menu" Restaurant (closer to Ananda), 4 bungalows with kitchen and shower (no hot water). No reservations accepted; call for availability.
North of Ananda
1. 20 m north (next door): Hin Kong Resort. Contact Mrs. Dwang-Ta at +66 (0)87 502 5777 or +66 (0)77 349 240. No email. Price per unit: 18,000 Baht per month. 6 bungalows, fancy and new, very well equipped with TV/DVD player, etc. Reservations accepted; call.
2. 300 m north: No name - houses. 8 bungalows sea side and on other side of road. The owner doesn't speak English so have someone who speaks Thai call him. Bungalows are new, nice, with kitchen, gas, refrigerator, hot water showers. Contact Mr. Amnat at +66 (0)89 594 1706. Price per month 8,000-10,000 Baht. Reservations accepted; call.
3. 400-500 m north: Mayor's Office houses. 7 bungalows on both sides of the road, some on the sea. Contact Mr. Kanop (he speaks English) at +66 (0)81 535 3963. No email. Price is 5,000-10,000 Baht monthly. No reservations accepted; call for availability.
4. 600 m north: Sunset View. 4 newly constructed bungalows, fully equipped with air conditioning. Contact Mr. Ritt at +66 (0)86 996 5056. No email. Price is 15,000-20,000 Baht/month negotiable. Reservations accepted; call.
ACCOMMODATION CLOSE TO ANANDA AND CHALOKLUM ROAD
1. 800 m, first place from intersection with middle road: K.P. House. 4 bungalows: 2 one-room bungalows (10,000 THB/mo.) and 2 two-room bungalows (16,000 THB/mo.). Contact Mrs. Yu-ren at +66 (0)77 349 073. No email. Reservations accepted; call.
2. 800 m, second place from intersection with middle road (next to K.P.). No name. 3 bungalows include kitchen, refrigerator, gas, bathroom, and hot water. Call Sak-Chai at +66 (0)86 946 8949. No email. Price per house is 7,000/month. No reservations accepted; call for availability.
ACCOMMODATION CLOSE TO THE AGAMA BOVY CAMPUS
** (ALL OF THE BELOW ARE CLOSEST TO OUR MYSTICAL DANCE HALL)**
1. Bovy Resort: This is the home of our Blue and Green Yoga halls, where we hold our retreats, advanced classes, and many workshops including Mystical Dance. The resort has been completely remodeled in the recent months. Bovy is still a very quiet and secluded gorgeous beach under the beautiful cover of pine and palm trees. Call +66 (0)86 344 2606.
2. 100m north: Golden Rock: next door to Bovy, simpler and cheaper bungalows often filled with yogis. Call: +66 (0)77 349 262 or +66 (0)89 731 3756.
3. 100m north: Seaflower: beach bungalows.+66 77 349 090 landline.
4. 100m north: No name - opposite Haad Chao Phao Resort: 1 new house will be ready in February, 2008. Equipped kitchen, hot shower, 8,000 Baht/month/negotiable. Also 4 one-room units in one block with shower (no hot water), fan, kitchen in balcony outside, fridge in room. 6,000 Baht per month. Mr. John. Reservations accepted; call. No email.
5. 150m north: Sun View Bungalows: +66 870 451 030 mobile / +66 77 349 098 landline.
6. Great Bay / Jinda Bay Resort. Very nice houses, 6,000 Baht per month. Hot water, no kitchen. +66 77 349 261
7. 600m north: Green Mountain, one of the more gorgeous views in our area. Houses and bungalows at very reasonable rates. Loom +66 817 430 062 or +66 810 776 200.
South and east to connecting road
1. 500m south and east: 4 houses: 2 one-room fully equipped for 10,000 Baht per month, 2 two-room houses, fully equipped for 12,000 per month. (Our researcher said: "These are good houses!") Location is at the 7-11 intersection north of Ananda and going east along a short-cut between coastal road and Chaloklum Road. Contact Mrs. Bee at +66 87 895 5949. Reservations accepted; call. No email.
2. 600m south and east: No name - 3 houses: one-room with fully equipped kitchen, hot water in bathroom. 7,000 Baht per month. Location same as above, at end of short-cut road. More good houses. Call Mr. Sak Chai at +66 85 946 8949. Reservations accepted; call. No email.
1. 100m south: Laem Son Bungalows: simple, older beach bungalows (27). On the beach 500-600 Baht per night, in the back 250-300 per night. Contact Mr. Gha at +66 77 349 031/+66 77 349 032. Reservations accepted; call. No email.
2. 100m south: Zen Bungalows. 500 Baht per night. Contact Mr. Toon at +66 89 648 0684. Reservations accepted; call. No email.
3. 200m south: No name - houses opposite the lakeside garden behind "Lake Point Villa." 14 bungalows, different. If two rooms, 16,000 Baht per month; if one room, 5,000/6,000/8,000/9,000 per month. All have hot water in the shower, kitchen including fridge and gas. Contact Mr. Orn at +66 81 787 4889. Reservations accepted; call. No email.
4. 200m south: No name - 2 new houses/bungalows on the lake but by the road. 2 bedrooms, hot water, for 18,000-20,000 Baht per month; 1 house with kitchen, bath, hot water for 9,000 Baht per month. Contact Mrs. Ning at +66 86 947 2282. Reservations accepted; call. No email.
5. 250m south: No name - 3 houses located opposite Lake Side Garden, with 3 rooms: luxurious, 29,000 Baht/month. 1 small house with kitchen, bath, hot shower for 8,000 Baht/month. Contact Mr. Sok at +66 77 377 431. Reservations accepted; call. No email.
6. 250m south: The Beach Resort. 350 per night or 9,000 per month. Contact Mr. Set at +66 87 419 2995. Reservations accepted; call. No email.
7. 300m south: Sea View Rainbow: Simple, older beach bungalows. 3,000 Baht per month. Contact Mr. Koa at +66 77 349 084. Reservations accepted; call. No email.
8. 300m south: Rhao Sritanu. 3 houses with one room, kitchen, fridge, gas, bathroom, hot water.
9. 350m south: Happy Beach - beach bungalows. Daily rates of 300-1,200 Baht. Contact Mrs. Miya at +66 869 410 293. Reservations accepted; call. No email
10. 500m south: Bamboo Nipa. Contact Mr. Chai at +66 84 844 7969. 5,000 Baht per month. Reservations accepted; call. No email.
11. 1 km south: Lada's Houses: 2 houses with one room, kitchen, fridge, gas, shower with hot water at 8,000 Baht per month; 2 houses with one bigger room, kitchen fridge, gas, shower with hot water, air conditioning (electricity must be paid by tenant) at 10,000 Baht per month. Contact Mrs. Lada at +66 77 349 021. Reservations accepted; call. No email.
These are all closer to the vicinity of Bovy and the Seatanu campuses.
You can rent a scooter (approximately 2,000-2,500 Baht per month) or buy/rent a bicycle (about 3,000-5,000 Baht to buy new at such places as Tesco-Lotus, located on Koh Samui, or about 1,000 per month to rent).
www.travelfish.org offers an overview of some of the bungalow resorts along our side of the island. For some you may do online booking, although this may be a more expensive option than showing up in person:
Travelfish.org - Koh Phangan, west coast
It is also possible to find a house by looking in the area in which you wish to live. There is no proven way to find a house; you basically just need to wander from place to place looking for vacancy signs, and seeking out the owners. This takes more time and good fortune - finding a house is often entirely a matter of good timing. At this time, we do not have phone numbers for the many obscure owners scattered around the island, but we do affiliate with a lovely Thai woman, Pi-pat, who speaks English well and can help you find resort accommodation, possibly houses, or she also offers scooter rentals fairly cheap for a long-term basis (1,500-3,000 Baht per month, depending on condition and age of scooter). She is located across the street from Great Bay and her number is +66 (0)7 734 9222.
PAYMENT AND REFUND
TERMS OF AGREEMENT